Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Day in the Life.

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile, I've been having a ton of fun with my host family and in school and I'm just overall having a great time experiencing this wonderful culture. An average day is hard to describe because on Tuesdays I don't get out of school until 4:30 because of sports. In sports I am taking volleyball and I had to get white soled sport shoes so that I wouldn't mark up the gym floor with my keens. On the other hand, on Wednesday I get out of school at 10:45 and have time to walk around Heilbad-Heiligenstadt with Sarah (the other exchange student in my village) and some of my friends from school until the bus comes at 11:50. on Thursdays there is also a catholic service (Gottesdeinst) in between my classes. This is not required so I probably won't go anymore. I have been playing viola a whole lot after school and on Thursdays after school I go to Leinefelde where I am the first chair viola in the orchestra. (Sadly I'm also the only viola but that's a minor detail.). I've also been working with a guitar teacher and my host brother on a Stairway to Heaven duo.
This weekend has also been eventful I have gone to a big mall in Göttingen, painted my desk bright yellow, and gone to the Hainich National Park. The national park was very pretty. There was a large amount of oak, red birch, and lindon trees. There was also lots of information about the reintroduction of European Wild Cats into the region. These cats are the size and shape of normal house cats but live in the wilderness and feed on mice. The national park also has lots of information about the trees in the park as well as trees all over the world like redwoods.
Everything is going super well and I'm having so much fun here. I miss you all so much but I am not letting it affect me too much.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update.
    What's it like to live with a different language?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! A little bit of chapel won't hurt; think of it as part of your exchange. We miss you as well, however we are much more proud. Have fun! Please post pictures when you get a chance.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! A little bit of chapel won't hurt; think of it as part of your exchange. We miss you as well, however we are much more proud. Have fun! Please post pictures when you get a chance.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little religion might be a good thing. So glad you have a great host family and are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete